Integrative Urgent Care is the place to go for Influenza prevention, treatment, and education. With our extended available office hours and online check-in you’ll be treated quickly and efficiently. However, once you have the Flu here are 7 keys to getting past the Flu after your office visit at Integrative Urgent Care and you’re home recovering:
1. Get Rest immediately. When you first notice symptoms, while natural instincts may be to “push through” with activity, ignore those thoughts and get to bed early that day.
2. Add Vitamin D. Vitamin D is a proven immune booster. We like many reputable brands, like Thorne’s vitamin D3/K2 liquid.
3. Add Probiotics: Probiotics help with the restoring the good bacteria and is also an immune modifier. Dosing with Probiotics before bed every night can be helpful. Remember, the flu is not caused by bacteria, so immediately taking antibiotics is not only discouraged because it causes resistance and kills off good gut bacteria, it’s also not helpful to a full recovery.
4. Add B Vitamins. Assist the body’s natural detoxification process with a good dose of B vitamins. Vitamin B supports adrenals which become taxed by low immune systems. When you are sick, your immune system is actively working to get back to balance, or homeostasis. Taking B-vitamins supports these energetic and metabolic processes.
5. Cook with and use Coconut oil. Coconut oil contains Lauric acid which is an antiviral. The antioxidant properties of Coconut oil come from its saturated fats like Capric, Caprylic, Caproic and Myristic Acid. The acids convert themselves into great antimicrobial and anti-fungal agents like monocaprin and monolaurin when acted upon by certain enzymes. These derivatives protect the body. The saturated fats also present in coconut oil, are a great source of energy, and can be effective in fighting fatigue and low energy.
6. Good Hydration. Turn to a favored nurturing hot drink; hot water with fresh ginger, raw honey and lemon juice. The sugar and electrolyte balance can help your body absorb more fluids through the intestinal border much faster.
7. Meditation: Listening to guided meditations in bed for ten minutes to hour before falling sleeping can help relax and soothe the mind and body thereby aiding in quicker recovery by focusing the mind on the healing while embracing wellness.
All together putting a tool kit to work across mind body and spirit, look to rebound from the flu fast.
When life throws things your way – pain, and illness. Having a proven set of tools to approach these hurdles purposefully and with an integrative approach can be key.
Want a different experience at a Glendora urgent care? Integrative Urgent Care IS it.
If you are in need of urgent care… BOOK ONLINE NOW
We accept walk-ins, let Integrative Urgent Care in Glendora assist you today.
*The content presented on this page is not intended to diagnose health problems or take the place of professional medical care.