WILD SALMON, BUTTER & KALE
The National Institutes of Health recommends an omega-3 daily intake of 1.6 grams for men and 1.1 grams for women. Omega-3 cannot be synthesized by the body itself so it must be obtained through diet. On top of fish oil capsules, nuts and vegetables such as walnuts, grass-fed butter, flax seeds and deep-sea fish also contain such unsaturated fatty acids.
You’ll find an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids in fatty fish, such as our feature salmon.
The bottom line
We can’t guarantee upping your omega-3s, will help you live until 110 or 120, but it probably won’t hurt your quest. Omega-3s are associated with dozens of health benefits, so eat your salmon and sprinkle extra flax seeds into your smoothie.
While we know salmon is a wonderful source of omega fatty acids. WILD Salmon is an exceptional source of omega-3 fat, and it’s even better topped with a bit of grass-fed butter. Lemon lends the acidity, cutting the richness of the fatty fish, then add your fresh herbs to add flavor and antioxidants. Fantastic taste, healthy and easy…so here’s a great recipe to get your omega-3’s down the hatch!
Serves: 2 a great way to impress on date night…
Wild Salmon with Buttered Kale Recipe
- 2 wild salmon fillets (sockeye salmon is great)
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, parsley, and/or dill
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- 1 bunch (12 ounces) kale, stems removed and leaves torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Place the salmon fillets on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Rub with 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, season with sea salt, and top with any left over butter or coconut oil.
- Wrap the parchment around the salmon, folding the seams, and tucking them to make sure the steam doesn’t escape.
- Bake until fish is medium rare for approximately 18 minutes.
- While fish is baking, steam kale until just wilted for about 3 minutes.
- Drain kale, add 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil, salt to taste, and plate. Put the salmon on top, and sprinkle with chopped herbs and fresh-squeezed lemon. Serve.
- Calories: 426
- Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 26g
- Protein: 42g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Sugar: 2g
Want a different experience at a Glendora urgent care? Integrative Urgent Care IS it.
If you are in need of urgent care... BOOK ONLINE NOW
We accept walk-ins, let Integrative Urgent Care in Glendora assist you today.
*The content presented on this page is not intended to diagnose health problems or take the place of professional medical care.